Planning to relocate with a baby? Looking for a potential team of movers and packers? Start preparing for it in advance. Shifting home is the most tedious task in an individual’s life especially when you have a toddler. Unlike adults children often take too long to adjust themselves to a new environment. It is very difficult for them to live without their daily routine activities and people associated with them. They do not understand the concept of making new friends at this tender age. However, things could work out with a favorable plan.
So, here’s how to successfully relocate and rearrange your house with a kid:
1. Get the blueprint of your new house- Before relocating, prepare a blueprint of your new residence or you can simply click the pictures of each room. Assess the entire home room wise and mark the places that you may find risky for your child. There are few home features that need extra attention such as staircase, widen openings near the gate, switchboards are shockproof or away from the reach of children, and many more. Make sure swimming pools, bathtubs are properly installed.
2. Prepare a to-do-list- After you have analyzed your new home start planning the placements of each article that you will be transferring from here to there. Advance planning will let the movers arrange stuff as early as possible which will automatically provide comfort to your baby. Before you shift call a handyman to fix the things that need attention as soon as possible.
3. Get the measurements of stairways and doorways- Try to visit your new residence before your move and get the measurements of a few important areas where window or gate or some kind of support needs to be installed. Their areas may especially involve stairways openings and doorways.
4. Create a play area- At the time of packing, moving professionals’ needs vacant space to easily pack and load your stuff. The entire house becomes messy which is very dangerous for a tiny toddler. It may hurt him/her thus; avoid their presence by creating a play area in your garden or any area where you can keep an eye on your baby. Develop a safe area by keeping toys and video games there. This will let your children safely play while the packing and other tasks are going on.
5. Secure extra cables, electrical wires in a separate box- The wires and electrical items are very dangerous for kids. As they are unaware of this fact they love to play with cords and wires. Thus, make sure you don’t leave them on the ground. Secure them in a separate box and keep it away from their reach.
6. Pack your baby essentials- Even if you are going through a long or short distance move, packing a baby essential bag is mandatory. Keep diapers, baby food, and milk along with the bottle, an extra pair of clothes, shoes, tissues, handkerchief, and other important stuff. Pack all the things in a separate bag so that it does not get merged with other items.
7. Availability of utilities- Ensure the basic utility services such as water, electricity, internet, DTH everything is already present at your new home. Otherwise, things can get worse for your kid. Therefore, check the working and availability for each of them.
8. Talk to your movers to set up the nursery first- Ask Agarwal packers and movers to load and unload the items of your kids first. This way, you can let your baby rest and take a nap until the movers arrange other items at their desired places.
Plan a hassle-free move by indulging the above steps in it. Have a happy move!